Let the wise hear and increase in learning, and the one who understands obtain guidance. Proverbs 1:5
“I learned everything I need to know about the Christian faith when I was a kid in Sunday school.” Sound familiar?
The Bible was written primarily for adults to answer adult questions, to deal with adult problems. Adult education and small groups are vital to the church because it is our opportunity to open the Word of God, the textbook of the church, for people to whom it is ultimately addressed.
Several opportunities for learning and growing together are available before and after worship and during the week.
- SonRise 8:00 am Room 211
- Journey 9:00 am Room 210
- Apostolos 11:00 am (immediately following worship) Conference Room
Small groups meet throughout the week with varying topics and times.
- Holy Spirit – meets once a month
- Couples – meets once a month with retired pastor, Sara Malone
- Sunday Night Lights – meets every other Sunday evening rotating homes
- Weekend Getaway – meets every other Friday/Saturday evening rotating homes
- Apostolos – meets periodically for volleyball and other social activities
- Threads Sewing Group – meets the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays at 2:00 pm at the church
Each group decides the study they will focus on and the time in which they will do it.
Advent and Lent will provide opportunities to focus on a series, chosen by the pastor, to learn about the messages he has selected.
My One Word is the church-wide study, beginning in January for four-weeks, in which we take time to select our focus for the coming year.
United Methodist Men and Women
United Methodist Men
Helping Men Grow in Christ, So Others May Know Christ.
Meeting for Coffee every Tuesday morning at 8:00 am at the church.
Scouts – UMM supports the efforts of scouting. Cubs and Boys meet every week at the church.
United Methodist Women
– to be a community of women
– to know God
– to develop a creative and supportive fellowship
-to expand concepts of mission
Mary Martha meets first Tuesday of every month at 7:15 pm rotating houses
Esther meets first Thursday of every month at 1:30 pm in Gage Hall at NEFUMC
Unit Meetings are held quarterly at the church.