FUMC History

In 1853 a circuit rider (Rev. Gage) started sharing the good Lords messages in Nebraska City. A building was constructed in 1855 and was dedicated in 1856. The building has grown several times since Rev. Gage began preaching here. In 1861 the Nebraska Methodist Conference was organized at our church. In 1936 the conference designated FUMC as the “Mother Church of Methodism in Nebraska.”